Gulfport Commercial Property for Sale
At a Glance
- Gulfport is the second-largest city in Mississippi after the state capital, Jackson. Along with Biloxi, Gulfport is the other county seat of Harrison County.
- According to the census of 2010, there were 67,793 people living in the city. The population density was 1,191.4 people per square mile
- As of the census of 2000, there were 26,943 households, out of which 32.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 42.6% were married couples living together.
- Gulfport is the location of Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport.
- It is also home to the US Navy Atlantic Fleet Seabees.
Great Place to call Home
Gulfport has served as host to popular cultural events such as the “World’s Largest Fishing Rodeo,” “Cruisin’ the Coast” (a week of classic cars), and “Smokin’ the Sound” (speedboat races).
Gulfport is a thriving residential community with a strong mercantile center. There are historic neighborhoods and home sites, as well as diverse shopping opportunities and several motels scattered throughout to accommodate golfing, gambling, and water-sport tourism. Gulfport is also home to the Island View Casino, one of twelve casinos on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.